Sunday 15 April 2012

FEBRUARY; Half Way!

So, so sorry for the lack of blogging going on recently, so a brief update on life over the last 2 months, truth is, they’ve flown so quickly, it’s as if I blinked and 2 months of my life went with it!

Well, February, still incredibly hectic at work, but there was a lot of fun students and volunteers around at the time so a fair amount of much needed R&R was endorsed. We ventured on a trip to the beautiful (shark-infested) waters of Port St John’s. Wowwweee it’s pretty! We drove up to this airstrip to apparently see the “most beautiful sunset in South Africa” and we got so distracted by the almost Amazonian river and jungle below us, we actually completely missed the sunset!
As most of you know, if not I’m sure I made you aware of it in the build-up, it was my birthday in February too, I was well and truly spoiled rotten!! Parcels from home, with lots of goodies, the most beautiful memory box from my ‘hubby’ Cara, I can’t wait to get it properly started at home, it’s one of those things you know you’ll pull out for the grandkids in 50+ years to come! The Zithulelean’s all contributed for me to get an amazing hair cut in East London, which just felt heavenly after roughing it for so long, split ends; no more! With my birthday being on 16th Feb, it felt only natural to combine it with Valentines, and we had a mass Valentines dinner at White Clay in Coffee Bay; “table for 28 please” I don’t think they’ve ever has so much service here in the Wild Coast.
 So, East London….Tom, Becky and of course Miles (I’m sure I’ll have mentioned these guys previously but if not, they are 2 English doctors and their incredibly cute 2yr old son) took Cara and I to the CITY for my birthday. Ah, it was bliss! Although we were in Cape Town for Christmas and New Year’s there wasn’t really a ‘city vibe’ as most shops were shut due to public holidays etc. So like a bunch of eager beavers we pranced around Vincent Mall shopping like crazy people. I got some nice new clothes and perfume and then it was HAIRCUT TIME!! All in all a lovely birthday, celebrated with awesome people. One I doubt I will forget, needless to say though, I am looking forward to celebrating the big 20 at home J
March will be with you soon….

No comments:

Post a Comment